Butterfly Mix Seed balls – Mix Of 1000 ...
✮ A brilliant and simple way to grow a wildflower garden perfect for bees and a super Christmas gift or stocking filler for a gardener or butterfly lover ✮ Butterfly mix is a selection of native wildflower seeds for butterflies. ✮ Using only wildflower species recommended by Butterfly Conservation, this mix includes both early and
✮ A brilliant and simple way to grow a wildflower garden perfect for bees and a super Christmas gift or stocking filler for a gardener or butterfly lover
✮ Butterfly mix is a selection of native wildflower seeds for butterflies.
✮ Using only wildflower species recommended by Butterfly Conservation, this mix includes both early and late summer flowering plants: red campion (Silene dioica), purple loosestrife (Lythrum salicaria), forget-me-not (Myosotis arvensis), yarrow (Achillea millefolium) and musk mallow (Malva moschata) plus speedy growing annuals Cornflower, Chamomile, Night-Flowering Catchfly & Corn Marigold!
✮ Growing wildflowers from seed balls provides a natural protection for the seeds – helping germination rates and growth without the need for complex propagation. They’re very easy to use – simply scatter on top of soil or compost and let nature do the rest! They’ll grow equally well in pots or other planters.
✮ Each seed ball contains a mini ecosystem: wildflower seeds are mixed with clay, peat-free compost and a smidgen of chilli powder, and rolled into a small ball. The dried clay acts as a protective casing from common seed predators (such as ants, mice and birds). When sufficient rain permeates the clay, the seeds inside begin to germinate – helped along by the nutrients and minerals contained within the ball. The chilli powder continues to deter predators while the seed ball slowly degrades and the seeds sprout.
✮ As a guide at least twenty seed balls per square meter is recommended for a garden, or 3 – 5 seed balls for a small to medium sized pot.
✮ Best scattered in the spring or autumn, and each ball contains approx 50 Butterfly Mix seeds.✮
✮ Please be patient with growth, native wildflowers are naturally slow to sprout (2-6 weeks) and flower (not all plants will flower in first summer). Please contact us if you would like any further advice, we’re always happy to help! 🙂
- ✮ WINNER OF *GIFT OF THE YEAR 2017* & *BEST NEW GARDENING PRODUCT 2017*. AS SEEN ON CHANNEL 4’s ‘BUY IT NOW’ (Episode 13). Super Gardening Gift And Stocking Filler For Christmas ✿
- ✮ SUPER SIMPLE GARDENING: No Need To ‘Plant’, Just Scatter On Top Of Soil (Perfect For Autumn or Spring Scattering). Great for Butterflies And Ideal For Balcony / Window Box Pots & Garden Beds.
- ✮ CREATED BY CONSERVATION SCIENTISTS: Our Scientifically Tested Secret Recipe Protects Seeds As They Grow. Our Seed Balls Are Made With Clay & Chilli To Naturally Protect From Seed Predators Such As Ants, Birds And Slugs. 100% British Made Product.
- ✮ 1000 WILDFLOWER SEEDS WILL COVER 1m² OR 3-5 LARGE POTS : Forget Me Not, Yarrow, Red Campion, Purple Loosestrife, Musk Mallow, Chamomile, Cornflower, Corn Marigold & Night-Flowering Catchfly. Perfect For Creating Your Wildflower Garden!
- ✮ “THIS IS A GREAT PRODUCT. I’ve ordered several and have been very pleased! Would make great gifts too as any level of gardener could successfully grow them and the packaging is so nice! The containers also make great little storage organisers around the house..” D Mcnamara